📨 Friday Report IX — 3.5.21
Subscribe to the Friday Report, a biweekly rundown of pop culture, current events and happy moments as well as my nomad adventures, maepiphanies, business lessons and life hacks.
“All I Want is Everything”
— one of my fave songs by JoJo; it’s one of my anthems
How you doing? I’ve been feeling a little antsy and I feel the travel bug creeping in but…we’re in a pandemic so where am I going really?
Rest has been the theme of my week. My newest thing is working intuitively. When I wanna beast, I beast. When I wanna binge Netflix all day with UberEats by my side, I do that. It’s a very new concept for me and I love it.
I’ve had many late nights of work this week, but I’ve also woken up to 2 90-minute massages in my living room, a private yoga class, many joints + laughs shared with friends…. It’s a beautiful balance.
In honor of Future Mae, yesterday I decided to block off the following on my calendar:
- the last week of every quarter
- the last 2 weeks of the year
- the entire month of January 2022
These won’t be my only rest days, but I live for structure and I figured this would be a great way to set a foundation of luxury + rest.
The life that you desire is yours if you choose to make it happen.
And I love making shit happen.
Let’s dive in!
- The Mail was formally ordered to post about their loss to Meghan + Harry on the front page of their Sunday paper and if that isn’t justice, idk what is.
- If you don’t watch Queen Sugar — why not?! These interview tips that Charlie gave Darla are straight facts.
- 3 words: Marc Lamont Hill. 🤤 I just bought his new book Except for Palestine. Here’s a great summary about why he’s so invested in what’s happening in Palestine because he stands for justice of all people, not just his own.
- I laughed way too hard at this. And watched it way too many times. #noregrets
- I love Planet Money, I love The Simpsons and I love economics so this podcast was my dream come true. Do you think The Simpsons would be considered middle class in 2021?
- Great article about how student loan debt in the States is holding back would-be entrepreneurs and thus holding back economic growth.
What’s up with me?
- The highlight of my week was busting my ass attempting to do a handstand without a wall. I love my inversion practice so much and I’m always like 🤯 when I think about how scared I used to be of falling. Now, the only person scared of me falling is my mom.
- I took a nap today for the first time in a minute and omg…
- I’ve had some super busy days lately and sometimes I’ll get overwhelmed and then I look at my calendar and it’s full of business meetings with friends, Spanish classes, therapy… Again, the balance right now is 🤤🤤🤤
- If you’re working on handstands, I like these drills a lot.
Track of the Week
Drizzy… Why do you do this? Idk how I choose a favorite of these 3. I think it’s What’s Next, but I can’t decided yet. Listen to them all and decide for yourself.
- What’s your favorite thing about yourself?
- If you’re in the market for virtual private yoga classes, I can’t recommend Route + Align enough. My classes are the highlight of my week.
- I’m looking to collaborate with 2 fellow stoners who are down to collab on a rolling class that I’m hosting. It won’t be a paid collabo because all proceeds will be donated to organizations fighting for criminal justice reform specific to cannabis convictions. If you know anyone, send ’em my way por fa!
Until next Friday, mi gente! I hope you find time for a snuggle or cozy nap this weekend.
And maybe a massage. You deserve it. 😉