📨 Friday Report XXXV — 9.3.21
New week, same cleanse!
I’m not tired, but I’m exhausted — you feel me?
My bawdy is putting in WORK to heal and I’m so proud of this physical being. But also that means that I’m drained. I actually have no idea how I accomplish/have accomplished so much in this state so I’ve been doing a great job of hyping up how amaezing I am (even more than usual bahaha).
On Monday I finished a strict 10-day meal plan and now I’m about to start an even stricter 14-day plan of zerooo sugar, not even the natural kind. I know I got it though because even before I knew how to heal myself, I was proactive about cutting my sugar intake. (And I haven’t had a sip of maezcal in WEEKS!)
I mentioned a few months ago that how we eat when we’re sick is probably how our body wants to eat all year round.
When I’m sick I’m a vegan. And I’ve wanted to go full-on vegan for a minute, but then I’m like well damn, no gluten, no cheese, no yogurt — what I got?!
So then I return to being proactive about limiting my intake of those less than beneficial things, but I’m being pushed to do something greater. And I’m taking these strict meal plans as prep for greatness.
Before you start planning your next 10-day detox…
Let’s dive in!
- You know how you put off doing the simplest of tasks and then you do it and it ends up taking 2 seconds? That’s this, but make it 5 years.
- What about life makes you wanna keep going? ❤️❤️❤️
- There are many ways to get an education and this is mine.
- The Simpsons is my favorite cartoon of all time so this prank that took place during a school board meeting that would make Bart so proud maed my day.
- Madagascar is on the verge of the first climate change induced famine.
- Here are 8 Googling tips that you probably don’t know.
- 20–50% off the American water supply is lost each year to leaks. And the water supply is getting low, real quick.
- Amazon is basically a pawn shop and I never knew it although I’m not surprised. I’m also not mad at it.
What’s up with me?
- I moved from the quaint little beach town because they double booked and I’m kind so I said I’d comeback later. Sooo now I’m back in Playa which is much more convenient for my multiple doctor’s visits per week.
- I’m here for a month though and then I’m out! I can’t wait to tell you about the next adventure.
- I was supposed to go home this month and have decided not to. I’m super sad to be missing 2 weddings, but that country does not resonate with where I’m at in my life and my main priority is protecting my peace.
- This is the last week of bootcamp and it’s been the absolute highlight of my Life Maed journey so far.
Track of the Week
You Are My High was going to be my track of the week because thanks to Tik Tok, I can’t get it out of my head BUT THEN DRAKE DROPPED CLB. I’m not even going to attempt to count how many times I’ve listened to Fair Trade featuring Travis Scott…on repeat…and I haven’t even listened to the entire album yet. Listen for yourself on…
Spotify | Apple Music | YouTube
That’s all para mi! Per usual, my reward for sending this is a fat ass joint with a smidge of a trashy novel. Tomorrow is a mani-pedi, massage in my living room and bootcamp curriculum development.
My theme of the week has been trading my to do list for reading and binging Real Housewives. The work is always going to be there and I’m here to enjoy the journey.
It’s still sometimes hard for me to prioritize rest, but I’m getting a lot better at it. And it’s been so dope to see that by prioritizing rest I’m helping others to do the same.
I’m so proud of all of us, forreal.
Subscribe to the Friday Report, a biweekly rundown of pop culture, current events and happy moments as well as my nomad adventures, maepiphanies, business lessons and life hacks.